j2re-1_4_2_06-windows-i586-p.exe /s /v"/qn IEXPLORER=1 ADDLOCAL=ALL UPDATE=1 /L C:\jre.log"
Here is the command for silent installation, turning off automatic updates:
.exe /s /v "/qn[ADDLOCAL=jrecore[,extra][,other_US] | ALL] [IEXPLORER=1] [NETSCAPE6=1] [MOZILLA=1] [INSTALLDIR=:\] [REBOOT=Suppress] [JAVAUPDATE=0] [EULA=1]"
The options are described below.
- .exe is the single executable installer for the JRE
- ADDLOCAL is either jrecore[,extra][,other_US] or ALL
- IEXPLORER=1 indicates that the JRE should be registered with the Internet Explorer browser
- NETSCAPE6=1 indicates that the JRE should be registered with Netscape 6 or later browsers
- MOZILLA=1 indicates that the JRE should be registered with Mozilla 1.1 and later browsers
- INSTALLDIR specifies the drive and path of the installation
- REBOOT=Suppress indicates that if locked files are encountered the computer should not be rebooted
- JAVAUPDATE=1 indicates that Java Update feature is enabled
- EULA=1 indicates that End User License Agreement will be displayed on first use and not during installation
See all the details for installation options at the Java web site.